H&R Block, Inc., or H&R Block, is an American tax preparation company operating in Canada, the United States, and Australia. The company was founded in 1955 by Henry W. Bloch and Richard Bloch . It also offers consumer tax software as well as online tax preparation and electronic filing from their Activate.hrblock.com/crj website.
What Does activate.hrblock.com/crj Offer?
H&R Block states that its tax professionals have access to its tax institution, which is “primarily staffed by certified public accountants (CPAs), enrolled agents, tax attorneys, and former IRS agents. 1 It One good thing – there’s a lot of experience out there.
However, it may raise a question for you: What is the expertise of the person who will actually be preparing your tax return? When and why should this person reach out to professionals who are working in a tax institution?
While this tax doesn’t rise to the level the institute’s employees need, activate.hrblock.com/crj block professionals undergo rigorous training. Tax professionals at H&R Block have an average of 12 years of filing experience and over 60 hours of tax training. All returning tax professionals must complete an additional 30 hours of training.
Therefore, these tax professionals only reach out to the Tax Institute when they have questions that their training has not prepared them to answer. For many filers with fairly simple returns, H&R Block’s tax professionals will likely have the competence required to handle your taxes on their own.
How to create my account?
To start, go to H&R Block’s tax software’s home page – activate.hrblock.com/crj. Then follow these steps to create your account:
- Click the I want to create an account link.
- Enter the email address you want to use for your H&R Block account and click Let’s Go.
- Finish setting up your account by creating your password and entering information in the fields provided, then click the Complete Account button.
- That’s it! Click Start Your Return to get your taxes done.
Download H&R Block Download Software
Open the purchase confirmation email and click the Download Program link activate.hrblock.com/crj to start the h&r block download software already paid.
- Close all open applications.
- Open the downloaded file. If you can’t find the download file, see the Finding Your Downloaded File section below.
- Follow the instructions in the installation wizard to complete the installation. We recommend installing to the default location.
Finding Your Downloaded File
If you’re still having trouble installing the H&R Block software you bought from our website or on a CD, here’s how to find the downloaded file from the steps above.
- Either push the Windows key and the letter Q at the same time, or click the Windows icon in the lower left corner of the screen.
- In the search field, type *hrb*.exe
- Press Enter.
- The installation file should appear in the resulting window. The file should have the letters HRB somewhere in the name.
- Double-click the file to start the installation.
What’s the H&R Block Activation Code?
An H&R Block Activation Code is a unique ten-character code that’s sent with the copy of H&R Block Tax Software you bought from activate.hrblock.com/crj. It’s made up of uppercase letters and numbers, formatted like XXXXX-XXXXX. The H&R Block Activation Code is used to register your software and unlock your five free federal e-files.
If you can’t find your H&R Block Tax Software Activation Code, here’s how to locate it based on how you bought the software:
- Downloaded from H&R Block — Check your in-box for your purchase confirmation. The Activation Code will be in the email you received when you bought your software.
- Downloaded from an online retailer (Ex: for an Amazon H&R Block Activation Code) — Check your in-box. The code is usually sent in the purchase confirmation email. You can also check in your account on the website where you purchased the software. There should be a history of your digital software purchases and the Activation Code for the H&R Block Tax Software.
Using Your H&R Block Software Activation Code
Once you have your H&R Block Activation Code, you’ll need to enter it into the software to activate and use your free federal e-files.
To activate your software:
- Open the activate.hrblock.com/crj.
- If the software is already open, save your return (if applicable), close the software, and then open it again.
- Click Next until you reach the Activate and Register Your Software screen.
- Enter your personal information and the eight-character H&R Block Activation Code you received when you bought your software.
- Click Activate Now.